[ExI] Everett worlds

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 20:02:00 UTC 2020

For those interested, Sam Harris, has thought a lot about this topic.  He
doesn't believe in free will and has a similar attitude to John.   His book
Free Will is a start, but it permeates all of his thought.

For those who want a non-scientifc way out of this conundrum, read
Lucretius's De Rerum Natura.   He posits a swerve at the atomic level
(Greek/Roman atoms, not ours), that allows for free will.

As an aside, The Swerve is a fascinating book about the rediscovery and
preservation of Lucretius's masterful Epicurean poem.

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020, 3:50 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <