[ExI] impact of covid

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Aug 16 19:56:44 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] impact of covid

>…My eyes kept trying to read "(in thousands)" on the fatalities, and I had to keep reminding myself that even just 209 out of over a million can still be significant…

Hi Adrian, ja.  The news coverage has caused plenty of people to think there are a lot more covid fatalities than there really are.  The difference between 10% of the population perishing and a hundredth of a percent is… big.

Physics is far more significant than immunology and epidemiology.  Or rather I have more to contribute in that area perhaps.  Rather than post my insight, I am going to suspend on this covid subject for now.  Reason: suddenly there is actual PHYSICS happening on ExI.