[ExI] Everett worlds

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:48:23 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 5:27 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat <

*> Not predetermined does not necessarily mean random. *

Of course it does!

> *I claim that I CAN choose a flavor of ice cream or when to cross the
> road independently of the present and past states of the universe. *

You either chose to cross the road to get to the other side or you didn't,
if you didn't then you made your decision for no reason, a.k.a. it was
random. Something happening for no reason is after all what "random" means.

*> Of course, since I want to stay alive, I would take the state of the
> world into account in deciding when I want to cross the road. *

And you want to stay alive because of your genes or because of your
environmental
upbringing or for no reason whatsoever.

 John K Clark