[ExI] earthquake

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 17 21:07:01 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] earthquake

>...Preliminary M3.3 Earthquake Strikes Near Milpitas By NBC Bay Area

>...A preliminary 3.3 magnitude earthquake rattled the South Bay near
Milpitas Monday, according to the USGS.
The earthquake was reported at around 1:30 p.m. and it was reportedly felt
in Milpitas, Sunol, Alum Rock, Fremont and San Jose.
No damages have been reported...

Sheesh, this is so crazy.  Earthquakes like that one aren't that rare,
possibly less common than Auld Lang Syne but more common than national
elections.  But something really crazy happened just yesterday: a big
rainstorm in August.  That is really unusual around here.  For the first
time since I moved west 40 years ago, I saw a real lightning storm, like the
kind so very common in central Florida where I cheerfully squandered my
misspent childhood.  Pets were frightened, their owners terrified, religion
was gotten, sins repented.

Today, merely an earthquake.  Pets chilled out, owners laughed and cheered,
religion forgotten, new sins committed.

spike

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 21:32, spike jones via extropy-chat