[ExI] unjustified pessimism

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:57:05 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 5:57 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > This site very clearly and credibly refutes the notion that the covid
> situation is getting worse:
>
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

According to them yesterday August 18 In the middle of summer when virus
epidemics are at their minimum 1358 Americans died of COVID-19 and 43,999
new cases were reported. Somebody, I forget his name, predicted the virus
would just go away "like magic" by April when things started to get warm.
It didn't happen. So I don't think the belief that the pandemic is getting
worse is  all that irrational. I dread the fall and winter.

John K Clark