[ExI] format grumble, was:...

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sat Aug 22 03:04:29 UTC 2020

On 2020-8-21 19:32, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
> Is the above ambiguous?  My comments have no greater thans, the quoted
> material has one greater than, and the stuff quoted by the previous poster
> has two greater thans, and so on.  Elided comments have the three dots.
> Using that system I can insert new commentary among quoted and twice-quoted
> material.

Yours is better than some, but I'll note that (like Keith!) you have a
'>' only on the FIRST line of my paragraph.  I don't know if I've seen
you doing this, but Keith sometimes inserts comments in the middle of a
quoted line and fails to insert a new '>' when quotation resumes.

When I elide matter, I put the ellipsis in brackets, "[...]", because
sometimes the original had an ellipsis.  For example, I sometimes mark a
change of subject with the Mark of (Herb) Caen.

Like that, except that I forgot what new subject I was going to put here.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org