[ExI] format grumble, was: Exi JKC Political Posting Final Warning

ddraig@pobox.com ddraig at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:18:02 UTC 2020

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 22:28, John Clark via extropy-chat <

> Yes, that is one of my pet peeves! I think the "reply button" is one of
> the worst inventions ever made, if you want to include quoted material you
> should be required to laboriously type it all in, but that damn button
> makes it too easy; so with long threads you often get a confusing nest of
> quotes of quotes of quotes of quotes of quotes of quotes of quotes. And
> then finally we come to new material, two words, "I disagree". Huh? You
> disagree with what?

I think gmail's top-quoting thing is horrible.  Hiding the quoted material
UNDER what you write means a lot of mailing lists are 99.99999% quoted
text, it is insane how much stuff people don't realise they are sending on
if they use gmail.

Dwayne
--
  ddraig at pobox.com              ddraigbot / NSO / Connery
         ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...