[ExI] The Soul

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 23:59:44 UTC 2020

On Aug 25, 2020, at 2:04 PM, Jason Resch via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>> On Tuesday, August 25, 2020, BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> Reviewing ten theories of life after death gives the reader a lot of
>> content to deal with and reminds me of the Gish Gallop debating
>> technique. (Not intended to criticize the strength of your arguments).
>
> I've heard it called the "laundry list" form of argumentation, to give a bunch of weak reasons and hope they add up to a strong one. I agree that's not particularly persuasive.

I believe that’s called ten leaky buckets argument and it’s not really the Gish Gallup. The latter is used in debates to overwhelm an opponent (and the arguments needn’t be fallacious or erroneous) while the former is just fallacious reasoning.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst