[ExI] re-post: covid revolutionized education

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:54:39 UTC 2020

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 at 14:18, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> Theme of Spike's post about online education: teachers will become dinosaurs.  Teachers are not necessary for learning.
>
> I think there are quite a few assumptions in those words above. I'll probably need help in airing them out.  More coffee, please?
>
> bill w

Only if you consider 'learning' to be something abstract.  For all
civilisations, teachers are needed to create productive (compliant?)
members of that civ. Call it indoctrination, if you like, but a
civilisation doesn't want their children to become revolutionaries and
upset the current power structures.

BillK