[ExI] very informative

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Mon Dec 28 22:49:09 UTC 2020

On 12/28/20 6:25 AM, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> I think for something to be propaganda there has to be attempts to
> persuade.  All I saw on the video was descriptions of the various positions.
> bill w

One method to persuade is to make inaccurate or misleading statements
which might tend to persuade people of some position. The video in
questions contains inaccurate or misleading statements.  One could take
the position that the inaccurate or misleading statements instead of
being deliberate falsehoods are instead the result of the prageru.com
team which being uninformed.  Of course this raises the question of
whether this lack of basic knowledge is the result of cognitive problems
or if it is the result of deliberately failing to do basic investigation
and study.

Whether it is sloppy scholarship or malicious propaganda the point
remains that the prageru.com video does not stand up to serious scrutiny.

--
F. C. Moulton
moulton at moulton.com