[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 18:06:40 UTC 2020

Hi John,

“The brain chemistry might be different but the end result, your behavior,
would be exactly the same.”

No, the behavior will not be the same when you ask them: “What is red like
for you?”  We will have a dictionary between brain chemistry and redness,
and experimentalists will be objectively observing things like who is and
who isn’t a red/green qualia inverted.  People will know this, and be able
to tell you they are ‘red/green’ qualia inverted form the norm, an so on.
i.e. very different responses to the question: "What is redness like for
you?"

Would you and Ben agree that your beliefs about the legitimacy of using one
word for all things “red” would be falsified, if my prediction that about
10 years after the majority of experimentalists start doing non qualia
blind observation of the brain, someone will discover what it is, that has
a redness quality.  This will falsify all be THE ONE true theory of
consciousness and lead to the above explained behavior of people finding
out things like who is and who is not red/green qualia inverted from the
norm.

To say nothing of the 1. week, 2. strong. and 3. strongest forms of effing
the ineffable, and finding out what color physical things really are.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 10:40 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <