[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Feb 7 08:19:34 UTC 2020

Brent Allsop wrote:
> Hi Stathis,
>
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 3:02 PM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
> <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
> <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>> wrote:
>
>     ... /It would help *if* you clearly said *something like*/ ...
>

> If you were listening to me, and repeating back to me what I've been
> trying to say, instead of /incorrectly saying *what I've never said*/ ...
(emphasis mine)

Ha.
Here, quite possibly, is the problem. Well, A problem, certainly!

If you misinterpret a simple phrase like that, to this degree, then what
chance is there of having a clear dialogue about, and understanding,
things that are actually tricky to understand?

Zero, I'd say.

If people are going to have a sane conversation, they must at least
*listen* to one another, instead of immediately jumping to conclusions
as soon as anything is said. I'd suggest reading everything at least
twice, slowly, and making sure you are reading what is actually written,
before even thinking about formulating a reply.

--
Ben Zaiboc