[ExI] The world would be so much better if everyone knows everything

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 00:27:20 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 7:17 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <

> And if the Saudi and Iranian citizens knew who the secret police were
> *and* how little threat different religions and homosexuality actually
> posed.

This is a different kind of knowledge.  This is everyone knowing TRUTH.  As
opposed to knowing actions, behaviors, opinions, etc of others.  The latter
is fairly possible in some kind of dystopian world.  The former is more of
a magic thought experiment kind of thing.

Sort of a nebulous concept anyway if it's not pared down.

In any case, I don't think knowing about everyone else's life is
necessarily good.  Too much information.

We should live in close-knit communes where children are raised jointly,
people make their own food and energy, and art and scientific innovation
are produced within.