[ExI] Mental Phenomena

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:52:19 UTC 2020

Brent:

The words "red" and "green" are not qualia they're just labels, so if I
spoke a strange dialect of English in which the meanings of the words were
reversed and said "leaves are red and blood is green" that wouldn't mean I
see the world differently than you, I might but not necessarily. The
chemicals  glutamate and glycine are labels too and no closer to being
qualia than the words are, so if you use glutamate as a label for the
longer wavelength part of the visual spectrum while I use glycine that
wouldn't tell you we must see the world differently either, we might but
not necessarily.

And I can't say anything about Robot #3 because it makes no sense to me.

John K Clark