[ExI] Possible seat of consciousness found

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 13:37:18 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:36 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

>*people suffering from "blind sight" can catch a ball, even though there
> is no visual conscious awareness of that ball.*

People with that condition display contradictory behavior. Catching the
ball indicates the ball has been seen. Making a noise with the mouth that
sounds like "I don't see the ball" indicates something *might* not have
seen the ball. You can lie about what you say but not what you do, you've
either caught the ball or you haven't. So clearly something must have seen
the ball, although not necessarily the same thing that controls the vocal
cords.

 John K Clark