[ExI] Possible seat of consciousness found

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:30:24 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 9:57 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Are all parts of the theory correct?  Missing nothing?

Of course not. We don't know everything but that doesn't mean we don't know
anything.

> Evolution:  are we really at a place in our understanding of it that we
> can say with some certainly that evolution won't do that, or won't do
> this?

Yes. We can be certain Evolution won't produce something that does not
enhance the probability an animal's genes will make it into the next
generation or is a side effect of something that does. And we can be
certain that even if the thing was not produced by Evolution but by pure
dumb luck Evolution will do nothing to prevent genetic drift from erasing
it in a very small number of generations.

 John K Clark