[ExI] The space frontier and our divine cosmic destiny

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 07:29:09 UTC 2020

I have been reading and watching all the sources analyzed by Newell (list
with links at the end of my post), and I think she has a good point. In the
1950s, the impression was there that the space frontier would one day be
open to ordinary people from settlement, just like the Western frontier in
the 19th century. Perhaps "Space version 1.0" WAS what our collective mind
wanted, and we lost interest after realizing that Space version Apollo was
reserved to the government.
To recover Space version 1.0, I think whatever lowers the cost of access to
space (like your own work), and especially what lowers the cost of human
access to deep space (Musk, Bezos), is a step in the right direction. Plus
suitable cultural engineering initiatives.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 10:53 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <