[ExI] <META> Using CC in replies to list posts

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:37:39 UTC 2020

On Jan 6, 2020, at 6:11 AM, Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> I've received more than one email from list posters via the 'CC' field. I just wanted to point out that I'm already on the mailing list, so there's no point doing this, and it creates unnecessary duplication (and extra work for me, deleting redundant emails). I get an email from the list, then another email from the poster. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a mailing list.

If I’m guilty of this it’s almost always unintentional. But I wonder if some here cc because of past problems with the list emails. You know, you post something and it doesn’t send to the list? (I don’t believe I’ve done that here, though I’ve done that with other groups.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst