[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:07:31 UTC 2020

Oh wow.  Ever more scientific evidence continues to come out very nearly
identical to what “Representational Qualia Theory
<https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Representational-Qualia/6>” has been
predicting.  Last month there was this “*Distinct Laminar Processing of
Local and Global Context
<https://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(18)30723-2>” *describing
how the brain is able to get the strawberry from a cortical column pixel,
um I man a “forest from the tree”.

We’ve been instructing the animators working on our video to hypothetically
place the binding neuron in the outer most layer of the cortex,
computationally binding these cortical columns.  And this “*Distinct
Laminar Processing of Local and Global Context
<https://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(18)30723-2>”* just came
out this morning.  It looks to me like this new discovery could be exactly
describing neural logic with multiple inputs that could react differently,
based on the diverse physical qualities of the many inputs, in the outer
most layer of the cortex.

Again, this is all exactly as we’ve portrayed knowledge of a strawberry
<https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness/> laid out in the visual cortex:
[image: image.png]

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/16f0my54ba7m7SliUDkGdvcxdfOJmfZiI/view?usp=sharing>

With the Deep “Longitudinal Fissure” between the two hemispheres, and the
“Transverse occipital sulcus” splitting the visual cortex, yet again, into
4 sections, from top to bottom making room so the cortex can scrunch down
in this cross of folds in the center of vision, to make room for the higher
resolution of pixels at the center of the field of vision.

Oh, and John asked:

*“Suppose we merged our brains Avatar like as you suggest, the resulting
creature, Brent Clark,  would have to be consistent in its use of qualia
just as we are and that includes the memories that both of us have. For the
sake of argument let's suppose our red and green qualia really are
reversed, if so what would Brent Clark experience when he looked at a ripe
tomato?”*

Again, you are talking about composite functionality, while I’m talking
elemental physics, out of which such composite functionality is composed.
In your brain the definition of redness is wired to glutamate.  In your
partner's brain, the definition of redness is wired to glycine.  You could
bind things at different levels of functionality.  But just as you point
out, the higher you go in your binding, things become exponentially more
complex.  But you could still find creative ways to do things, or just
simply bind it at the elemental level.

You of course would want to keep some of your memories bound to particular
sensations private, and not share things like that.  Though it would be
hard to include the binding of the same name to different physical
qualities, you could find ways to enable such in a more complex
computationally bound way.

So, you are facing your partner with both of your visual cortexes
computationally bound.  Your visual cortex has knowledge of what is in
front of you.  Your partners visual cortex has knowledge of what is behind
you.  You are looking at a strawberry, above and behind the head of your
partner.  Assuming you were doing the computational binding at the simplest
elemental level this is what it would be like.  As you rotate the
strawberry around from in front of you, to behind you, as this knowledge of
the strawberry moved between your visual cortex and your partner’s, it
would change from redness to greenness, just as it does in our video, when
the cell phone moves across the field of light between the strawberry and
the eye.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 6:35 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <