[ExI] libertarianism

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:51:31 UTC 2020

Here is the way I think of it:  Mill's On Liberty:  your right to swing
your fist stops where my nose starts.  That premise can yield infinite
numbers of deductions.

You live in a country where a dictator rules.  You have no rights to choose
the ruler.  But you do have duties to obey him - or else his military, the
only reason he is a ruler, will descend upon you.

You live in a democracy/republic of sorts, and choose your rulers.  You
have rights that are guaranteed by a constitution.  You have duties to
support it.  If you choose to think of taxation as confiscation and evade
taxes, then you are not pulling your weight and should be punished.  The
constitution is the set of premises: deductions from it, laws, that are not
logical are unconstitutional and void.  All of the valid laws are instances
of the restraining of your fist and thus your ability to do as you choose.

You don't like some of the laws, and so you don't follow them.  I do that
regularly, but if I got caught I would not complain - I voted with my butt
to stay here and agree to follow laws, and when I don't I expect to suffer
the consequences.

That's what I need to know.  Any more than that, I don't even want to know,
so please just applaud and hold your tongue, particularly is it's a
sneering one.

bill w