[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Tue Jan 7 19:17:10 UTC 2020

On 07/01/2020 04:09, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com> wrote:

There are two ways of knowing things.  First is objective perception of
color and such.  In this view there is the target of perception (like
the sugar content or ripeness of a strawberry) there is the very
different physics our senses detect as they represent that, and finally
there is our knowledge of such.  All of these obviously different
physical things.

You don’t perceive colorness properties, you are directly aware of them,
in computationally bound register pixels of our conscious CPU.  These
are the final result of perception.

The first method is abstract (requires correct interpretation of
whatever physics is landing on our senses), and therefor can be
mistaken.  As in the case when something “seems” different than it
really is.

Colorness is a physical property that just is and can’t be mistaken.  It
is the mistaken seeming knowledge that may be incorrectly representing
its referent.

It is a necessary truth, that if you consciously know something, there
must be something that is that knowledge, and it must be computationally
bound into your awareness.

We have knowledge of spirits, in our diorama of knowledge (represented
as if existing behind and looking out of our knowledge of our eyes.)
While most of our visual knowledge has a referent in reality, our
knowledge of our spirit does not.

The funny thing about people that believe in Ghosts, is that even a
ghost, like a “homunculus in a cartesian theater.”  if they are
“self-aware” there necessarily must be some subset of that ghost that is
its knowledge of self.  Which of course is kind of absurd.

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. Many of your
sentences don't even make grammatical sense, and I can't get any meaning
from them at all. e.g. "You don’t perceive colorness properties, you are
directly aware of them". You seem to be saying that awareness of colour
and perception of colour are different things. I don't know about you,
but I can't be aware of something that I haven't perceived, and I can't
perceive something without being aware of it. The two words effectively
mean the same thing.

--
Ben Zaiboc