[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 19:47:57 UTC 2020

If you surgically remove your eyes, and are put into a room with no light,
then stimulate the optic nerve, identical to the way it would be when
looking at a strawberry.   You would have identical knowledge of the
strawberry.  What is that knowledge, and what is it that has the redness
quality you experience?  This can’t be ‘perception’ as that requires eyes.
It is simply conscious knowledge, the result of perception.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:19 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <