[ExI] state of conflict technology

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:27:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:15 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> So… I urge that we focus on what we know best: science and technology.
>

> By some mysterious means the other guy does not have, a tech-advanced
> society reached in with one missile that came from some unseen
> radar-invisible source, guided by some undetectable technology of some
> kind, achieved the result the tech-enabled society wanted with little of
> the traditional horrors of war.  If we look back 20 yrs in the ExI
> archives, we had a demonstration of the dream we wrote about and vaguely
> envisioned.

The trouble with improving conflict technology is that it make it more
likely to be used, as this recent case demonstrates.

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they
didn’t stop to think if they should."

-Dave