[ExI] state of conflict technology

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 9 01:26:28 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] state of conflict technology

Spike - why don't you get upset with alcohol and tobacco?

I do.

I do not like breathing other peoples’ drug habits.  Fortunately for me, I don’t need to very much anymore: tobacco use has become very rare where I live.  It is less often than once a month I even see someone smoking and it has been at least a coupla years since I smelled tobacco smoke.

>…  They kill far, far more people than any illegal drugs do…

I agree.

Currently a developer is wanting to put a lounge right across the street from my neighborhood.  We are fighting it, arguing that it doesn’t belong here, doesn’t fit in a residential area, particularly one right off a freeway exit.  Yahoos get off the freeway, slam a brew or two, or three, then get back on, take a nap and kill somebody.  Bad idea.  Take that elsewhere.  Take it far from my neighborhood.