[ExI] Mental Phenomena

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 01:36:56 UTC 2020

Hi John,

Yes, we’ve had this discussion before where I’ve stressed how important it
is to recognize exactly what you are saying - that memory of red is way
different than actual redness knowledge.

But what does that have to do with having an identical signal being
supplied to the optic nerve to what the retina would supply – resulting in
an identical redness experience of the strawberry, not just a memory quale
of it.

And for that matter, we should also be asking which physics is it that is
the memory of redness quale, and how does this differ, physically, from
actual physical redness.

So, does anyone disagree that physicists can’t yet tell us the qualitative
color of anything?

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 6:25 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <