[ExI] state of conflict technology

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 9 05:25:42 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Keith Henson via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:52 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] state of conflict technology

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

> I am AGIN it, I tells ya!  All of it, all forms of dope, everything, AGIN
it!  Bad medicine it is.  Poison.  Toxic to mind, body and spirit.

That's rather inconsistent with libertarianism.

Keith

On the contrary sir.  I didn't say anything about law, or prohibiting anyone
from these things.  I unapologetically state my suggestion to leave it all
alone.

I know there are those who have success with various things, but I also have
lived long enough to know plenty who do not, plenty who have wrecked lives.
I went to my 30th high school reunion, I noted who had passed on.  We all
knew who was the doper crowd back in the day, and who was not.  I could find
enough representatives of each group to get a statistically significant
result by comparing the groups.  In general, the non-dopers do better.

This is perfectly compatible with libertarianism, which recognizes that
prohibition is a failure.

Living near San Francisco, I also recognize that removing all restrictions
on dope is also a failure.