[ExI] 'Survival of the fittest' ??

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 22:56:33 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 5:27 PM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <

*> Do I want to participate in a eugenics program? No thanks.*

I agree, and not just for moral reasons, for practical reasons too. Not
only would it produce social chaos selective breeding is an anachronism,
it's much too slow; AI will leave breeding in the dust long before it
produces anything significant. Now that CRISPR has supercharged Genetic
Engineering if you want to improve the human race the obvious way would be
to use that, although you're still not going to be able to beat electronics.

 John K Clark