[ExI] 'Survival of the fittest' ??

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 00:33:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 4:26 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> There are those who put up convincing lies on the Web, with much
> enthusiasm - and a fair number with what can be accurately termed malicious
> intent.  How would the public know which advice to trust?
>
> And just how is that different from now, like in the area of nutrition?
> Would you keep genetic knowledge secret?

Not what I was talking about.  You suggested just posting stuff without
need for doctors; I pointed out the need for some sort of certification the
public can trust (such as some accredited institution saying "this person
is a doctor").

> Aspirin - are there genes for humor, spoilsport?

Poe's Law.  I couldn't tell if you were being serious; I have seen people
post suggestions that naive and be completely serious about them.