[ExI] addiction p.s.

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 08:57:20 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 11:01 PM SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:

Can’t you abolish the (current form of) police by just... cutting the
> funding, and legalizing a lot of petty things?
>
> ### There is no doubt that the regulatory state has been running rampant
for decades, creating thousands of new "crimes" (like speeding) and the
police do inflict significant social harm by enforcing them. Yes, in a sane
world these made up crimes would be stricken off the books and the much
smaller police, preferably private police, would only enforce justified
laws. I would however say that this isn't an argument against police in
general but rather an argument against stupid people voting to elect
depraved and stupid politicians who create harmful laws.