[ExI] addiction p.s.

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 14:10:34 UTC 2020

re harmful laws:  Conservatives, who are the only elected officials we have
in Mississippi, are fond of punishment as a means of altering behavior.  So
they pass laws making possession of small amounts of drugs felonies, which
fill up the prisons, and since criminals aren't really American citizens,
they deserve nothing.  Prisons here are way underfunded and the present
rioting and killing (prison gangs) are one result.  We will get a federal
order soon.  To basically spend more money on prisons.  So they brought it
on themselves, as usual.  It will be painful, again as usual, since they
won't raise taxes of any kind, and so some agencies will get their funds
confiscated to follow federal orders.

Who wants to bet that the legislature will fight attempts to lower
punishments for minor offenses?  Of course they will.  To do otherwise is
to be soft on crime.   Repeating mistakes - as usual.   bill w

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 3:00 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <