[ExI] Mental Phenomena

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 21:24:22 UTC 2020

What makes anyone think that a machine can experience anything?  Do we know
that?  I don't think so.  If you claim that we do, just how are you
measuring that?  Sounds like scifi to me. If enough humans say that they
are experiencing a vision of a strawberry, I'd take their word for it.  I
would assume not all would lie.  I assume nothing about a machine except
that it is not a living thing and cannot be.   bill w

bill w

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 2:49 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <