[ExI] significant figures

Kunvar Thaman f20170964 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Tue Jan 21 16:53:14 UTC 2020

1. Math guys don't rule the world because they're good at math, not people
pleasing or policy issues or administration.

2. Math guys to an extent are in charge (ex: finance - algo trading, etc).
Tech influence is on almost everything, which itself is based on math.

3. No single person has an influence on search or how the ads are shown. No
CEO or even the top engineer at Google understands even a small part of
even the search algorithm they use (they do far more than that) simply
because it's already too complex to be understood by any single person.
Algorithms rule the world in that sense, not people.

4. If you think about it, even the current world hasn't been run by humans
for a long time now. The major players in today's world are super powerful
imaginary entities, bigger and stronger and more powerful than any human -
countries like china and US.

5. >In our world today, we realize it is a huge arms race for AI.  The
first guy to create and control AI owns the world.
Check out the book LIFE 3.0 - it's on this topic and is brilliantly written.

&Kunvar

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020, 10:12 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <