[ExI] Fwd: significant figures

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 19:51:01 UTC 2020

Yay, Welcome Kunvar,

It is great to learn this about you.

Multiple people on this list, including me, are very interested in theories
of consciousness, and what other think, especially regarding what might
uploading be like and all that.
Some of us have "canonized" their view on this on Canonizer.com.  For
example, I'm support the following ladder of sub camps as my current
working hypothesis:
 Agreement <https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Theories-of-Consciousness/1>
/ Approachable
Via Science <https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Approachable-Via-Science/2>
/ Representational
Qualia <https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Representational-Qualia/6> / Mind-Brain
Identity <https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Mind-Brain-Identity/17> / Monism
<https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Monism/65> / Qualia are Material Qualities
<https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Qualia-are-Material-Qualities/7> / Molecular
Materialism <https://canonizer.com/topic/88-Molecular-Materialism/36>

I'd love to know your current thoughts on consciousness, and your beliefs
about what uploading might be like.
And do you think we'll be doing things like hacking our consciousness and
uploading ourselves by the year 2100?

Thanks for joining!!

Brent Allsop

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 12:27 PM Kunvar Thaman via extropy-chat <