[ExI] Encryption

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:44:01 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 10:25 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> So what can a government do?  Investigate anyone who sends encrypted
> messages?

Yes, or at least investigate anyone who doesn't use government approved
encryption that has a backdoor in it that the government can use whenever
they want.

>   I suppose you can battle that by sheer numbers of people doing it.

China has more people than anyone and they seem to be having little trouble
stamping out encryption, and I certainly don't think the current congress
of the USA would hesitate to do the same thing for one second if their
Generalissimo ordered them too, although that probably won't happen until
afer November 3.

John K Clark