[ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jul 1 01:15:19 UTC 2020

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: RE: [ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> > On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat

>>…For goodness sake Spike…Killing the COVID-19 virus is super easy and so is killing cancer cells, the hard part is to kill them without also killing or mutating human cells.  John K Clark

>…OK so here we go, no worries (or rather low worries)… we UV the covid at a low enough dose to destroy them, let their wrecked remains trigger the immune response in the remaining intact system…spike

Further thinking, we can do even better.

Leucocytes are bigger than RBCs and they flow differently from the red cells.  The first minute or so of this video shows how they roll, both erythrocytes and leukocytes, in comparison to the RBCs:

https://youtu.be/TegfykbYdII

WBCs are our friends, we don’t want to wreck those babies in a sick patient.  We will need all of the white cells we can get for the task at hand.

We have very advanced control systems, we have image recognition, we have UV pulse laser, controllable down to the microsecond level, or even lens-collimated UV (we used this for selective UV curing of epoxy in a satellite (and come to think of it, we have that for UV curing polymer fillings in our teeth.))  We have everything we need to make a modification to a dialysis machine that would UV pulse laser the RBCs and leave the white cells un-UVed.  We would need to create a manifold to drop the blood into glass capillaries, perhaps add some plasma to make everything flow smoothly, UV the flow as it passes, centrifuge out the excess plasma for reuse (if that is necessary at all (it might not be (I don’t know that much about dialysis machines))) then drop the UV-exposed blood back into the patient.

Alternative, go ahead and UV all the blood cells in a low-cost variation, hope the bone marrow can keep up with the job of making up for the wrecked leucocytes.  This might work if the patient is young and vigorous.

Another alternative (of course I would think of this one being a registered marrow donor): create a temporary marrow insertion, possibly even from an imperfectly matched donor, let that donated marrow produce white cells, remove donated marrow as soon as the patient’s crisis passes, before patient’s immune system recognizes the benevolent foreign marrow.

Theory: if the destroyed virus cells go back into the patient, the unharmed leucocytes find them and do what leucocytes do so very well, patient recovers.

>From what I can find, the reason we don’t have UV treatment yet is not that it slays the patient or increases the risk of cancer but rather we don’t know much about the efficacy of the therapy, and of course it would cost a lot and be pain in the ass.  But dialysis patients already have the costs and the pain, and if a person with bad kidneys gets covid there is already a high risk for the old Adios Amigo anyway, so we can justify these longshot kinds of ideas.  Then if it works on dialysis patients, it will work even better on covid patients with good kidneys.

I don’t see why this should be such a controversial idea.  If I had covid right now I will be willing to let the medics fire it up and try it on me.  Wouldn’t you?