[ExI] Ethics of cloning

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jul 1 18:51:42 UTC 2020

>... On Behalf Of Keith Henson via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] Ethics of cloning

I have saved DNA from about a dozen interesting people who were not
suspended (and one cat).

Still, the idea needs thinking about.  Does a person who raises clones have
more responsibility than those who have children?

Keith

Keith excellent question.  I find it comforting to know others are thinking
about that which I have been pondering ever since learning that AncestryDNA
and 23&Me may be retaining DNA samples.  You have the DNA of some
interesting people, well so do they, and we don't know who.  But... if we
have a sample, we can PCR that and figure out whose it is or was.

I don't know on the ethical angle.