[ExI] you'll never see this again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 19:56:22 UTC 2020

To me, it's just so funny.  As you may or may not know. Mississippi was the
last state to have in its state flag the Confederate Battle Flag.  The
blacks, the business community, the religious community have been after the
legislature for quite a few years to change it, like some other states have
done.

As you may now know, the legislature has voted to change it.  Why?  It
wasn't any of the above-named groups, nor was it Floyd.  It was the NCAA.
They told MIssissippi that no conference games or playoffs or really
anything sanctioned by them could occur until the flag changed.

So it did.  Does that give you any idea of the mind set here?  Racism comes
before religion (even here is very religious MIssissippi), business ( so
we're poor - we can stand it) and of course the feelings of Blacks, but it
doesn't come before sports.

Sad/funny.  bill w

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:42 PM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <