[ExI] Famous Scientists saying Racist Things

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:41:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 12:22 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *A long time ago, I was told of a particularly savage form of execution
> reserved for bad guys who did things like raping and murdering a child.
> They would get a wooden pole (or pale) with a blunt end kinda like a giant
> dildo, shove it up the miscreant's rear (impale him) set the pole upright
> and let gravity do its thing. Even a vague description of this form of
> execution would likely discourage perpetrators much more effectively than
> our wimpy lethal injections.  I don't expect they needed to do that
> procedure often.*

The real life inspiration for the Dracula myth , Vlad the Impaler
(1428-1477), once impaled  20,000 Men women and children at the same time
according to contemporary witnesses:

*"**The sultan's army entered into the area of the impalements, which was
seventeen stades long and seven stades wide. There were large stakes there
on which, as it was said, about twenty thousand men, women, and children
had been spitted, quite a sight for the Turks and the sultan himself. The
sultan was seized with amazement and said that it was not possible to
deprive of his country a man who had done such great deeds, who had such a
diabolical understanding of how to govern his realm and its people. And he
said that a man who had done such things was worth much. The rest of the
Turks were dumbfounded when they saw the multitude of men on the stakes.
There were infants too affixed to their mothers on the stakes, and birds
had made their nests in their entrails."*

Vlad the Impaler

John K Clark