[ExI] Famous Scientists saying Racist Things

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jul 5 16:20:04 UTC 2020

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

>...That's correct, but the origins of the term Pale were centuries before Catherine the Great, empress of Russia (1762–96).
<https://www.britannica.com/topic/pale-restricted-area>
Quote:
Other examples of pales include the English pales in Ireland and France...

BillK

A long time ago, I was told of a particularly savage form of execution reserved for bad guys who did things like raping and murdering a child.  They would get a wooden pole (or pale) with a blunt end kinda like a giant dildo, shove it up the miscreant's rear (impale him) set the pole upright and let gravity do its thing.

Even a vague description of this form of execution would likely discourage perpetrators much more effectively than our wimpy lethal injections.  I don't expect they needed to do that procedure often.

The expression beyond the pale would be hyperbole indeed, referencing some form of execution worse than having a pale shoved up one's ass.