[ExI] ep

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:54:32 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> Keith a comment you made earlier is rattling around in my brain.  You
commented about an paper you wrote regarding evolutionary psychology, how
humans today have stone age genetic programming with modern weapons, and how
you have had a hard time convincing people it is true.  I think most people
who hear that recognize the distinct ring of truth in the notion.

I don't find that to be the case.  Most people assume the "blank
slate" model for humans, i.e., little or no understanding about human
motivation such as status-seeking and they do not accept that humans
have behavior switches that get flipped by external conditions.

> Do elaborate on your having a hard time convincing people it is true please.

I suspect that there is an evolved purposeful reluctance to insight.
Too much insight may not be good for your genes.

Keith