[ExI] ep thought experiment

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:28:13 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020, 1:38 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Mike!  Take out the exponents, replace with the less accurate but more
> poetic thousand, million, billion years, and flowing comment has a graceful
> beauty to the thought and the way it was expressed.

I started with million years; it sounded extreme but thousand didn't seem
like enough.  So though SI notation looks accurate, the idea is a range
over two orders of magnitude - and that's clearly in the realm of poetic
for math nerds. :)

I don't remember where/when I first encountered the idea of the 10,000 year
clock, but it's become something I think about every so often.  It would be
interesting to be able to look back on that project and note the passage of
time as fondly recalling old TV series.

www.10000yearclock.net