[ExI] ep thought experiment

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 23:54:35 UTC 2020

I mentioned Federal Judges as an example of trading income for status,
but I can't think of other cases where seeking status is maladaptive.
Can you think up examples?

Keith

I do not agree that seeking judgeship is maladaptive.  Less money, more
status may be exactly what they want.  Sure, they'd like to be paid more,
but if money were that important they would not be seeking the judgeships,
right?  More status, more recognition, could lead to political advantages
later on.  It isn't about money, I figure.   bill w

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 6:19 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <