[ExI] ep thought experiment

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:52:00 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:19 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <

*> I mentioned Federal Judges as an example of trading income for status,
> but I can't think of other cases where seeking status is maladaptive. Can
> you think up examples?*

In the context of Evolutionary psychology trading income for status is not
particularly relevant, Evolution doesn't care how much money you have in
your bank account, trading reproductive success for status is much more
interesting and I can think of a few examples; Catholic priests would be
one at least in the days before the revelations about extensive child
molestation broke back when they still had quite a bit of status. Another
example would be the head of a suicide cult such as Heaven's Gate.

John K Clark