[ExI] hero worship

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:48:28 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 2:12 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <

* >The current situation makes a lot of people who lived through those
> times yearn for the honesty of Richard Nixon.*

I agree, there were several well documented occasions when Nixon was able
to utter two or even three consecutive sentences without telling a single
lie. Think of that! It really makes one nostalgic for good old Tricky Dick.

> *All people are flawed in some way, but at least they were fairly
> competent.*

I once saw a political bumper sticker that I agreed with completely, all it
said was "*2020: ANY FUNCTIONAL ADULT*".

John K Clark