[ExI] hero worship

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 20:10:19 UTC 2020

Spike - did you see S.O.B.?

I too have wondered about the adulation of movie stars.  Looked at in a
different light, they are people who make their living by pretending to be
someone else.

I think TV and movies are still magic to the common person.  Some think
that if it's on TV or in the movies, it's important, and furthermore, true.
(Haven't I told the story of the soap opera female whose character gave
birth?  She received many cards and presents and gifts as though she was
the character she played.  (cue Inner Sanctum music; or Twilight Zone)).

 I was on TV after a speech about disaster relief and was given my two
minutes of fame.  Afterwards numerous people came up to me with glazed eyes
saying "I saw you on TV!!!"    They just had no idea I was such an
important person.  These were mostly faculty, BTW.  Probably Educ. dept.
 bill w

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 1:52 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <