[ExI] how long will this go on?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 13:47:29 UTC 2020

A man named Horton Smith has had his name taken off a golf trophy because
he agreed with the 'no Blacks' provision in professional golf - he was the
president of the PGA.  1950s.

Consider this:  suppose he had not agreed?  Suppose that he wanted Blacks
on the tour?  Do you think he would have kept his position as president?
Hah!  People were not ready for that by a long shot.

So he is being vilified for thinking the way everyone else did.  His only
'sin' is that he was president, I suppose.  Should we now disparage all the
golfers, like Arnold Palmer, who were members at the time?

How far will this go?  How long?  Billions of people were racist back
then.

Billions of people are racist now.  How far will taking names off of
trophies get us?

bill w