[ExI] how long will this go on?

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:10:51 UTC 2020

I mean, I understand the impetus for these reactions, but my thinking is more: who really considers these to be racist idols?

Robert E Lee is one thing. Everyone ties him instantly with the Civil War and Slavery. Columbus is emblematic of the enslavement and abuse of native people.

But I had never heard of this “Horton Smith” guy until I read this email, and basically no one except a golf fanboy will have. So what good does it do to remove his name from something?

A better example of obscure people who I think might be “villifiable” would be “the father of modern Gynecology”, Mr. Sims.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Marion_Sims

SR Ballard