[ExI] how long will this go on?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:46:57 UTC 2020

On Jul 11, 2020, at 7:33 AM, Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> The first phase of a Marxist revolution is erasing history writ large and small, with struggle sessions in store for anyone who disagrees.
>
> There's a method to this madness.

You really see this as a Marxist revolution? I see it as a protest movement. Mike many previous protest movements, it has many facets and it’s a bit chaotic. There are definitely, in my mind, many legitimate grievances and likely some excesses.

Aside from statue removal and flag changes, though, almost nothing else seems to be happening. Yes, a few cities are going to “defund“ police, but they are few. History isn’t being erased — as if the statues taught people history or if that many people even cared about history in the first place. (Most people seem to care about preserving national myths anyhow.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst