[ExI] comments?

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:08:07 UTC 2020

Indeed. Looked at on a geological timescale, the size of the hominid
braincase at birth basically inflated like a balloon, incredibly quickly,
right up to the point where it started to cause non-trivial infant
mortality increases.

It has all the hallmarks of the same kind of "arms-race"
sexual-selection-based positive feedback loops that created other
ridiculously outsized anatomical features in other species, just like
peacock tails.

If you didn't have to squeeze a baby head through a female pelvis, it'd
still be happening.

Inducing a positive feedback loop in the general computing capability of a
species seems like a ridiculously transformative thing to do to a universe,
though if a Sysop wanted to "create" sentient life whilst maintaining
plausible deniability, that'd be an extremely clever way to do it.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 11:01 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <