[ExI] Some virus statistics

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:52:36 UTC 2020

Spike, the MIssissippi legislature, really the whole state, is number one
on the list of corrupt states.  Your reference to passing the bill to find
out what's in it really reverberates.  It is just like that.  Many of the
laws that are passed here are written by lobbyists. I did not know that
until recently.  Apparently that is common practice (?) and happens in
every state and D. C.

Yes, I have ignored politics for most of my life and as a result am
ignorant and naive.  That practice seems to me to disqualify anyone who
follows it from being a lawmaker.  I do understand that parties have a
'whip' to get the members to fall in line and vote unknowingly.
Rubberstamping is apparently rampant.

Alabama had a senator who was in the Hanoi Hilton. Jeremiah Denton.  Did
not go along with any outside pressure and so make a pariah out of
himself.  Served one term. Of course.

Politics and sausage, eh?   bill w

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 1:27 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <